With companies like Apple, Samsung, OnePlus, Huawei, and Motorola recently rolling out new flagship devices, now is your chance to take advantage of slashed prices on quality smartphones. If your phone needs an update and you’re ready to score a discount on a new device, here are a handful of smartphone deals available right now. The list includes a few sales on unlocked smartphones, as well as some carrier offers that can save you as much as $800.
The best deal
Verizon is offering discounts of $100 to $300 on Google Pixel phones, with no trade-in required. This gives you $100 off the Google Pixel 2 and $300 off the Pixel 2 XL. You can also score a new iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, or iPhone X for up to 50 percent off if you sign up for an unlimited plan and have an eligible trade-in.
The carrier also has a buy one, get one deal on the Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus, giving you up to $800 toward a second device in bill credits when you buy two. All of these deals include a free $150 prepaid gift card for new customers who switch to Verizon.
Carrier smartphone deals
Cellular service providers regularly offer enticing incentives to get you to switch to their LTE plans. So if you’re looking for a new carrier, you can save a good chunk of change and even score a free device by taking advantage of one of the best smartphone deals from Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, or AT&T:
- T-Mobile: T-Mobile is offering a bunch of buy one, get one deals on LG and Apple phones. Eligible LG devices include the LG V30 and LG G6. With a downpayment for each device and the addition of a new line to your plan, you receive bill credits worth up to $800 over 24 months. You can also get a $700 rebate toward a second iPhone of equal or lesser value when you buy an iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, or iPhone X with an eligible trade-in. T-Mobile has a buy one, get one offer for the new Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus, as well as the rugged Galaxy S8 Active: With downpayments toward two devices, you get $720 back in bill credits toward the second.
- Sprint: Sprint is offering 50 percent or more off a number of phones as well as some buy one, get one deals: New customers can snag the Z2 Force Edition for $198 or the iPhone X for $360 with an 18-month Sprint Flex lease, or you can lease an Apple iPhone 7, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus and score a second one for free. Sprint also has the Samsung Galaxy S9 available with its own BOGO offer: Score the S9 or the S9 Plus with a Flex lease and eligible trade-in and receive a second Galaxy S9 for free.
- AT&T: AT&T has a nice BOGO deal on the iPhone 8: Order two with AT&T Next service and receive $700 in bill credits toward your second iPhone 8. You can also purchase an LG V30 on AT&T Next and score an LG G6 or second LG V30 for free (and if you only want one, you can snag $300 in bill credits instead with a qualifying trade-in). Or, buy a Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus on AT&T Next and you will receive 50 percent back in bill credits.
Unlocked smartphone deals
Carrier offers typically require you to sign up for a specific service or to trade in an old device to get your discount. These smartphone deals, on the other hand, let you enjoy big savings on these unlocked mobile phones when you buy them outright:
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro: Designed to compete with name-brand flagship phones, Huawei’s surprisingly fantastic new Mate 10 Pro is proving to be a sleeper hit and one you may have missed. The Mate 10 Pro is available for $650 from Rakuten after a limited-time $115 discount coupon.
- LG V30: If you’ve got your heart set on the excellent LG V30 — a contender for LG’s best phone yet — but really want to go the unlocked route, then B&H has it on sale right now for $670, offering you a nice savings of $130. You can also score the bigger LG V30 Plus for $730 after a $90 discount.
- Google Pixel XL: Another fantastic 2017 flagship (and another one of our favorites) is the Google Pixel XL. You can grab an unlocked 128GB model from B&H for $550 and save $500 off of its retail price.
- Blu R1 HD: Blu is a relatively new player that has challenged Motorola’s dominance in the “budget Android phone” market. The dual-sim R1 HD boasts impressive specs for its price, and the unlocked version rings in at just $100 on Amazon.
- Kodak Ektra: If you use your phone to take a lot of pictures but find the photo quality lacking, check out the unique Kodak Ektra which boasts a 21-megapixel f/2.0 aperture rear camera. It’s on sale for cheap right now, too, at just $150 from B&H after a $250 discount.
- Samsung Galaxy S7: The Samsung Galaxy S8 may be one of our Android favorites, but the Galaxy S7 is still a solid smartphone, and you can now score one for $400 from B&H and enjoy a savings of $200. The sleek Galaxy S7 Edge is also on sale for $170 off, bringing it down to $430.
- Sony Xperia X: Sony’s Xperia lineup remains highly underrated in the huge market of Android smartphones, with these devices offering flagship-like features at midrange prices. The dual-sim Xperia X is a shining example of the value that Sony’s phones provide, coming in at just $250 ($150 off) from B&H.
- Moto G5 Plus: The Moto G is still one of the best budget Android smartphones on the market today, and B&H has the unlocked fifth-generation G Plus on sale for $200 after a $30 discount.
- Moto E2: For what might be the cheapest brand-name Android phone you can buy, check out the Moto E2. B&H has this smartphone on sale for $50 after a $100 discount. This phone is fully unlocked and ready to use with any GSM carrier and select CDMA carriers.
Update on March 30: Added the new T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S8 Active, unlocked LG V30 Plus, Huawei Mate 10 Pro, and Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge smartphone deals. Removed expired offers and updated prices.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.