OnePlus has launched its latest Android flagship OnePlus 5 in India. The device that saw its global launch on Tuesday evening was launched in India at an event it Mumbai. The OnePlus 5 will go on sale via early access today itself via Amazon India at 4.30PM, while it will be available broadly via open sale from June 27.This is the price for the 6GB variant of the phone. The 8GB variant will cost Rs 37,999.
Although the starting price of the OnePlus 5 is slightly higher – Rs 3,000 to be precise – it is not too steep. it costs just Rs 3,000 more than the OnePlus 3T, the last year’s Android flagship that continues to be one of the best phones in the market. Compared to last year’s OnePlus 3T, the onePlus 5 comes with more powerful hardware and has some unique features that are exclusive to it.
The OnePlus 5 key specs and features:
– The OnePlus has a 5.5-inch screen with AMOLED panels and 1080P resolution.
– Gorilla Glass 5
– Full metal body design
– Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor
– 6GB RAM and 32GB internal storage. The 8GB RAM variant also available along with 128GB internal storage
– Support for dual SIM cards and 34 3G and 4G bands across the world.
– Wi-Fi AC, USB 2.0 but with USB-C connector and UFS 2.1 storage standard.
– Fingerprint scanner along with NFC.
– Dual cameras on the rear: The main camera uses a F1.7 lens along with a 16-megapixel image sensor (IMX 398) made by Sony. The second camera uses IMX 350, a 20-megapixel image sensor, with a F2.6 lens. This lens is telephoto lens, allowing users to get a 2X zoom.
– The camera in the OnePlus 5 also has the portrait mode that blurs background, similar to the feature in the iPhone 7 Plus.
– Dash charging for the 3300 may battery inside the phone.
– On the front, the phone has a 16-megapixel image sensor.
– OnePlus 5 uses Android Nougat, but lightly customised with OnePlus-made Oxygen OS.
Flagship phone, affordable prices
With the OnePlus 5, OnePlus is yet again trying the same formula that made its two earlier phones – OnePlus 3 and the OnePlus 3T – darling of consumers. Last year, both OnePlus phones offered consumers top of the the line performance and all the basic features in a package that was as good as any in the market. And yet the OnePlus 3 and the Oneplus 3T were priced at almost half of the price of the other flagship phones like the Galaxy S7 and the iPhone 7.
The OnePlus 5 aims to repeat the success of the last year’s OnePlus phones. it too comes with top of the line hardware. AMOLED screen, Snapdragon 835, 64GB or 128GB storage, 6GB or more RAM and dual cameras are the features that only flagship phones have. And all this cool hardware comes inside a design, which although familiar because of its similarities with the iPhone 7 Plus, is sleek and looks expensive.
Also Read: OnePlus 5 Vs OnePlus 3T: All the differences
Despite its price of Rs 32,999, the OnePlus 5 compares favourably to the phones like the HTC U11, Galaxy S8 and the iPhone 7. All these other flagship phones are sold at a price of around Rs 50,000. Among all of the top phones of this year, only the LG G6, after the big price cuts recently, sells for under Rs 40,000. Although the OnePlus 5 lacks some features – it’s not waterproof, for example – it covers most of the basics well and comes with a feature set that is as good as what you will get in a much more expensive phones, at least on paper and in terms of specifications.